SUMMARY: Northern Oklahoma College Enid is seeking a Head Women’s Basketball Coach to manage, supervise, coach, teach and coordinate the women’s basketball program that competes in the NJCAA Division 1- Oklahoma Collegiate Athletic Conference (OCAC). The Head Coach is responsible for the organization and administration of all aspects of the basketball program with significant responsibilities in areas including staff supervision, teaching, instructing and implementing skills and strategy. Additional occasional responsibilities include recruiting, budget development, scheduling, purchasing, facility maintenance, public relations and implementation of NJCAA, conference and institutional policy and regulations. Academic duties will also include a half-time teaching load.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include:
- Responsible for teaching, instructing, and implementing skills and strategy in practice.
- Academic duties will include a half-time faculty load assigned through the Office of Academic Affairs.
- Be available during posted office hours for team members and students.
- Establish schedules and make travel arrangements.
- Responsible for administration of operational budget.
- Assist in fundraising and development.
- Monitor academic advisements and progress of student-athletes on team with particular attention to satisfactory toward degree and graduation.
- Represent the College in meetings, which pertain to said sport.
- Purchase, care for, store and maintain inventory of equipment and uniforms.
- Collect and post individual and team statistics to the NJCAA website, regularly update and maintain the team website and social media based upon Athletic Department and College policies.
- Compliance Responsibilities: Insure that NJCAA and College policies and mandated requirements are correctly interpreted and met, and that documentation is maintained per Athletic Department policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all actions of coaches and student-athletes of said team are performed with the appropriate level of instruction, safety precautions, and training and that the physical well-being of everyone is considered in all that is done as a member of the program.
- Provide leadership in establishing, regulating, publicizing and enforcing all team regulations regarding personal conduct.
- Developing and coordinate a successful program for student-athlete recruitment and scholarships.
- Communicate and cooperate with multiple coaches and partners in usage of multiple facilities.
- Ensure that student-athletes have completed all required eligibility forms, etc. prior to participating. In addition, the head coach shall keep the Director of Athletics notified of all changes in the team roster.
- Provide direct supervision for all assistant coaches.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s degree required. Coaching experience preferably on the college level. Candidates must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills, and initiative, as well as the ability to perform within a dynamic team environment. Weekend and evening work will be required. Subject to satisfactory Fair Credit Reporting Act Disclosure, which includes a criminal background check.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: The preferred candidate will have a minimum educational level of a master’s degree with teaching experience in business, English, mathematics, science or social sciences.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, push, lift, haul, pull, reach, carry, grasp, squat or stoop, bend and twist the body while performing essential duties, use hands to operate controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, talk or hear. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants will need to submit an application which is available online at www.noc.edu/faculty, a letter of application, a resume, Official college transcripts, and three letters of professional recommendation to Northern Oklahoma College, Human Resources, P.O. Box 310, Tonkawa, OK 74653. EOE.