Northern Oklahoma College Diversity Statement
Northern Oklahoma College is committed to developing an interconnected and globally responsive culture of diversity acceptance that includes, but is not limited to, race, ethnicity, color, socioeconomic status, gender and identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship, political thought, and age. NOC invites different perspectives and encourages all individuals within the NOC community to listen respectfully, both to consider new viewpoints and broaden one’s own perspectives.
The mission of NOC Diversity Committee s to assist in developing a culture of diversity acceptance across the campus community.
FY 2018-19 Council Members
Edward Dixon, Scott Haywood, Dineo Heilmann, Brandon Hobson, Donnie Jackson, Greg Krause, Tony Luetkenhaus, Steve McClaren, Mary Ann McCoy, Ted Moore, Charmaine Munro, Kristi Orr, Teresa Rhynard, Stephani Scott, and Don Stinson.
Ex-Officio: Dr. Cheryl Evans, Anita Simpson, Jason Johnson, Dr. Edwin Vineyard, Sheri Snyder and Dr. Rick Edgington.
FY 2018 Charge
The Committee will conduct monthly meetings to monitor progress. Responsibilities of the Council include the following:
- Achieve access and equity for historically underrepresented groups.
- Advocate for the recruitment and representation of diverse faculty and staff.
- Encourage diversity initiatives that enhance recruitment, retention, and engagement of diverse students throughout the college.
- Create a multicultural and inclusive environment for every member of the campus community
- Enhance community collaborations that support the interests of the college in the area of diversity and inclusion.
- Encourage faculty, staff, students and administrators to participate in the professional development opportunities.
- Develop curricular and co-curricular initiatives to prepare students for a diverse and global world.