ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include:
- Teach courses in class piano, private piano, music appreciation with other courses contingent upon qualifications
- Oversee the assignment of accompanists for all private voice and instrumental lessons
- Accompany private voice and instrumental students and the performing ensembles, including choir, madrigals, Roustabouts, and musical theatre
- Perform in departmental events as needed, i.e. Gala, recruiting trips, musical theatre pit, etc.
- Act as academic advisor, assisting students from enrollment through degree completion
- Participate in assessment collection and review at the course and program level.
- Assist in recruiting and retention efforts.
- Participate in institutional committees.
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Minimum educational level of a master’s degree, 18 graduate hours in music, and strong communication skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, push, lift, haul, pull, reach, carry, grasp, squat or stoop, bend and twist the body while performing essential duties, use hands to operate controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, talk or hear. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants will need to submit a letter of application, an application form available online at www.noc.edu/prospective-employee , a resume, and three letters of professional recommendation to Human Resources Department, Northern Oklahoma College, P. O. Box 310, Tonkawa, OK 74653. EOE