International Students - Tonkawa

Northern Oklahoma College:
A state 2-year college, was established in 1901.  The main campus is located at Tonkawa, Oklahoma, a city of approximately 4,000 people, about 90 miles north of Oklahoma City.  The campus in Enid is located about 100 miles northwest of Oklahoma City on the east side of Enid, Oklahoma.  The campus in Stillwater is located about 75 miles northeast of Oklahoma City in Stillwater directly across the street from Oklahoma State University.  All four seasons are felt in Oklahoma with extremes ranging from 38 degrees C in summer to –18 degrees C in the winter.  The average precipitation is about 30 inches per year.  The college academic calendar consists of a fall semester (August-December) a spring semester (January-May) and a summer semester (May-July). 

Admissions Policy:
The following items are required to be considered for admission and must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office 60 days before the applicant plans to arrive on the Tonkawa, Enid, or Stillwater campus. Applications cannot be considered until all of the following have been submitted to the Registrar’s Office. When admitted, an I-20 will be issued.

Application for Admission:
Download Application - Note: International students should only apply using the downloadable form at the link above, and should not use any other form or online application to apply for admissions.

Academic Records: 
Official transcripts of the applicant’s entire academic record in secondary school and college, including grades received each year of study, degree certificates, and examination certificates. Transfer applicants must have been enrolled in and completed 12 credit hours or more each semester and present evidence of a 2.00 grade-point average (on a 4.00 system).  Transcripts from outside of the United States must be subitted to World Education Services for conversion into the United States system.  Students may look at for information.

English Proficiency Certification:
All applicants whose native language is not English must present proof of English proficiency in the form of test scores on the TOEFL. A minimum score of 500 (Paper Based test); 173 (Computer Based Test); or 61 (Internet Based test) is required.  Provisional admission may be granted at NOC's discretion if the applicant has scored lower than the required score AND has studied at an approved English language school for a minimum of 12 weeks after taking the TOEFL.

Financial Statement:  
Before being admitted to Northern Oklahoma College, an international student must provide specific documentary evidence of sufficient funds to cover each year of his/her intended stay. See the Estimate of Expenses. Documentary evidence of financial support must be returned with the application for admission.

Insurance Verification:
Because the cost of medical care in the U.S. is usually much higher than in other countries, all international students are required to purchase insurance before registering for classes. Verification of insurance is required.

A $5000.00 cash deposit, which includes a non-refundable $25.00 application fee and a non-refundable $15.00 international fee, is required before a student may enroll for classes. This deposit represents payment for tuition, fees, and room and board until deposit is depleted. At that time the student is responsible for any outstanding and future balance. An I-20 will not be issued until the deposit has been received at Northern Oklahoma College. Visa, MasterCard, Cashier's Check or Money Order payable to Northern Oklahoma College are accepted.

Residence Hall Information:
Vist Residence Hall Life - Please Note: Stillwater students will have to apply for on-campus housing through the Oklahoma State University Residential Life office. 

Expense Chart for Tonkawa, Stillwater, and Enid campuses.

Financial Aid:
Federally funded financial aid from Northern Oklahoma College is NOT available for international students.

Student Loans:  
No student loans are available to international students.

Part-time Employment:
The United States Immigration laws do not permit an international student to accept employment off–campus unless U. S. Immigration has issued a work permit. If available, part-time employment (no more than 20 hours a week) is allowed on campus if the international student has a social security card.

Students arriving in the U. S. with an I-20 issued by Northern are responsible for their own transportation to the Northern campus. Northern does not have a transit service. Students must have their own transportation.

International students admitted to Northern Oklahoma College must be enrolled and complete 12 credit hours each semester and must carry a 2.00 grade point average (grade of C) each semester to stay in-status. Loss of student status results in a violation of immigration status.