SUMMARY: Under the direct supervision of the Associate Vice President of Physical Operations. The electrician will be responsible for electrical maintenance and repair for the Tonkawa Campus and may occasionally be assigned to other NOC facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include
- Ensuring the proper functioning of all electrical systems in the facility.
- Ensuring scheduled checks for spotting any malfunctions.
- Complying with all safety norms and regulations of working.
- Appropriately using and handling of electrical testing and repair equipment.
- Completing all tasks as assigned by the supervising manager.
- Keeping a log of electrical repair and maintenance works.
- Coordinating work functions with co-workers and other organizational departments.
- Following all safety norms and standard operating procedures of working.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work area.
- Maintain job manual for position with regular updates to describe processes when substitutions are needed. Update maps and guidelines on facilities of electrical line installations.
- Perform all other duties necessary to accomplish the educational objective of the College and/or assigned by the Associate Vice President of Physical Operations.
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS:
- Should have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to identify technical malfunctions in electrical systems.
- Ability to diagnose complex and existing electrical systems.
- Knowledge of or working understanding of HVAC control systems and building automation.
- Sound understanding of handling and using electrical repair tools and equipment
- Ability to effectively manage time and coordinate work functions with co-workers. Valid Oklahoma Driver's License required to operate company vehicles.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to use extendable boom forklift, forklift (sit down, stand-up, or motorized pallet jacks), high reach (aerial lift), backhoe/frontend loader, and tractor required
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS: A valid journeyman license and 2 – 3 years of experience of working as an electrician. High School degree, diploma or a GED equivalent qualification from a certified college. Bachelor’s degree preferred or an associate’s degree or diploma in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or any other related field of study. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must be able to work under pressure; meet flexible deadlines; set priorities and maintain professionalism when dealing with individuals. Weekend and evening work will be required with a flexible 40-hour work week schedule. Subject to satisfactory Fair Credit Reporting Act Disclosure that includes a criminal background check.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the Electrician’s job. While performing the duties of this job, the individual is required to lift greater than 50 pounds or more; will require repetitive reaching, pushing/pulling, bending, twisting; will require working at heights greater than 4 feet. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job duties.
Applicants will need to submit an application which is available online at www.noc.edu/prospective-employee, a letter of application, a resume, Official college transcripts, and three letters of professional recommendation to Northern Oklahoma College, Human Resources, P. O. Box 310, Tonkawa, OK 74653. EOE